...transforming ugly stories into faith-building testimonies
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 29 April 2015

On 18:19 by Eberejustin in , ,    1 comment
I am sure you have heard the sentence ‘Be yourself’ countless times, tried to be yourself yet it didn’t really seem like it made a difference in your life. Right? The reason that happens is very simple: you can never become what you don’t know. That is the problem. Many of us don’t know who we really are and that’s why we keep being motivated for 5 seconds whenever we hear ‘Be yourself’ and later go back to the same old story. We have to be ourselves, but I think we should know who we are so as to become the best we could ever be. You must be asking yourself, “Ok now, I get but who am I? How would I know who I am? I’ll help you with that. I’ll tell you exactly who you are. You are the best gift to the world. There never was and never will be anybody like you. You are, a chosen race, a peculiar person, a royal priesthood [1 peter 2:9]. You see, your market value is the SON OF GOD. He died for you! If you were the only one on earth, he still would have died for you. If you are an addict and you are ashamed of that kind of life, then some motivational speaker comes and tells you to be yourself. Don’t kill your life by misunderstanding him/her. You could start thinking “well, why should I be uncomfortable with the addiction? That’s just me. I am me! Let me be myself!” that’s a big lie from the devil! You are NOT an addict. When I tell an addict ‘Be yourself’, I’m not talking about your addicted self, I’m talking about you realizing the amazing person God has made you and live according to that realization!
-Okafor Victor
 #AOC

1 comment:

  1. This isnt clear. How exactly does God want us to be?

    ReplyDelete